Thursday, February 10, 2011

Late in the afternoon yesterday I was in so much agony, stuck in traffic on the highway from work to class. I drank a cup of tea before the drive. I swear, I know from past experiences how quickly tea passes through one's systems, yet I gulped that caffeinated tea down. I knew I wouldn't be able to make it to school without a stop to the bathroom. Once I exited I made a left turn into Pathmark. Did you know Pathmark has bathrooms for shoppers? I was so happy when I saw the black and white porcelain toilet.

Once in a while I see an elderly person pushing a cart of soda cans and bottles to recycle. And whenever I do, I feel a pang of sadness. They probably worked hard their entire life.. I wonder at their age, what makes them rummage through garbage cans in cold winter days like today.


>> beautiful voice!!

No comments: