Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Is your heart-garden gratitude full? :)

I went to my favorite cafe today after work to get some work done. While writing my paper, I glanced up and saw this little cute inspiration card on display

I like these words: "heart-garden, gratitude-seeds, glowing" How often do you need to be reminded to be grateful?

I snapped some photos while waiting to pay :)

They always have fresh flowers in the cafe.

I like the latte art~pretty, delicious and creamy. It got cold faster than I was able gulp it down =(

I received my Newsweek today featuring the 8.9 earthquake that hit Japan this past Friday, the 11th. The author wrote about how earthquakes tend to occur in clusters, --
  • Pacific earthquake in New Zealand (Feb. 22.)
  • 8.8 earthquake in Chile just a year before
  • and now the one that just hit Japan
"All three phenomena involved more or less the same family of circum-Pacific fault lines and plate boundaries...Now there have been catastrophic events at three corners of the Pacific Plate-one in the northwest, on Friday;one in the southwest, last month; one in the southeast, last year. That leaves just one corner unaffected-the northeast. And the fault line in the northeast of the Pacific Plate is the San Andreas Fault, underpinning the city of San Francisco."
- Simon Winchester

Here's a visual for better understanding

So scary!

Anyhow, looking to see what I can do to help Japan with their recovery from my part of the world...
And I really admire the engineers who are working hard to cool the fuel rods at the nuclear plants. >_<

No comments: